[Sca-cooks] FW: TRIBUTE TO AMERICA

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 14:31:35 PDT 2001

--- Cheriti Watts <cassea at teleport.com> wrote:

> (It is hard being out on the opposite coast knowing
> we have search and
> rescue dogs/teams and medical personnel to spare,
> but no fast way to get
> them there. I think driving from Oregon to New York
> would be over 3 days
> constant driving. And well, help from across the
> Atlantic can't exactly be
> driven....)

I don't know about Oregon, but California has sent
several S&R teams to New York.  They were flown there
in military transport planes and arrived in NY
Wednesday morning.  These are very, very experienced
teams, who worked not only here in Los Angeles and San
Francisco, but also in Mexico City, El Salvador,
Turkey, India, Japan, and Oklahoma City.  Anywhere
there are buildings down and people trapped.  And
these people are volunteers.  They don't get paid for
this.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.