[Sca-cooks] Fw: Threats to SCAdians with Middle Eastern personas.

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Sep 14 14:15:14 PDT 2001

Oh how I hate this!!!  Why can't people understand that its just plain WRONG to
blame an entire religious group with the wrongs of a few???  I just read an article
about statements from those muckrakers in the religious right, Falwell and
Robertson, in the Washington Post.  They are blaming Tuesday on gays and those of us
in favor of allowing a woman to choose whether or not to have a baby.  Also, any of
us who belong to the ACLU are being blamed.  I wondered how long it would take these
ignorant, self-important @#%&'s to surface...it certainly didn't take them long.
I'm still thinking about writing a letter to the Post...I really wish they hadn't
published these comments as there are so many people who will read that and believe
it...and then, in addition to anyone who even looks Arabic being attacked, gays and
liberals will be attacked as well!  So I guess we'd all better go to ground...and
then those religious fanatics who launched Tuesday's attack will know that they've
won.

NO.  We don't go away.  We don't quit fighting for what we believe.  We continue
having our events, and those of us who even occasionally wear ME garb should do so.
I know its risky, but we can't let the bad guys win.

Kiri