[Sca-cooks] The passing of a cook

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Sep 14 14:24:51 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/11/01 9:11:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

<< Please don't castrate me or anything, but Justin Wilson sounds a lot like
 > Emeril Lagasse (sp?). >>

One of the biggestest difference between Emeril and Justin is that Justin was
a real gourmand and made a real impact presenting wonderful traditional
American regional cuisine to the world.

Emeril's contribution to great American cuisine appears to me to be mediocre
glossy magazine stuff at best with a whole lot of commercial chef garbage
thrown in accompanied by what is the finest B-grade movie acting I have seen.

While Justin deserves a place alongside Julia Child, James Bread and Jeff
Smith, Emeril can only look at the list of great American  gourmands and
wonder where he went wrong, IMO.

Ras