[Sca-cooks] Falwell/Robertson are NOT Christians

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Sat Sep 15 06:06:33 PDT 2001

    I have tried several times to write about this; and each time I "tore
up my letter!"

    The important thing to remember is that these gentlemen are NOT
Christians. They have failed in LOVE, specifically the commandment to
love your neighbor as yourself.  Their defense of their actions, I feel
fairly certain, is that they are trying to 'shock' America to a sense of
revival.

     This is wrong, because as humans we can only act as examples of what
we believe.  We can choose to combat a host of social ills that often
have a moral component, and the way we respond will speak volumes about
our beliefs.  Any result from our actions is the direct manifestation of
grace, or its absense.  The words of these men have resulted in fear, and
anger for many.

    That people think that these men represent  conservative Christianity
makes me feel the way a person who follows the various Pagan religions
must feel when they are equated with being a Satanist.

    Elizabeth