[Sca-cooks] we do care

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Sep 16 12:04:03 PDT 2001

> One thing else I've resolved to do, ...to try to do my part to see that any
> hatred this tragedy may spawn against those of another faith and/or ethnic
> origin is stopped cold and in its tracks.  Anyone have any ideas?

After reading the news Friday, I stopped at the local 'Middle Eastern'
restaurant (they are actually Greek, I think, but I worry about any plate
glass window with Middle Eastern on it... ) and bought some baiklava for a
friend's tea party on saturday. It may not have made a difference, but it
made me feel better.

Arab-American and Muslim-American organizations are reporting that along
with the hate messages they are also recieving supportive phone calls.
Reports from today's news sources note that Christian, Jewish and other
organzations organized human chains around some of the mosques in big
cities to keep them safe on Friday so local American Muslims could go to
pray.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa