[Sca-cooks] Catholic/Christian, was: The Fallwell/Robertson statements

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 16 12:07:39 PDT 2001

Now that the web links are actually posted, can anyone, Catholic or otherwise, instruct me where to send my money ot buy an indulgence today . . . even if I wanted one, I have never heard where one buys one?  This is one of the primary foundations of the Protestant movement, though it hasn't been an active part of practiced catholicism in years.  Anyone made a payment in the last 30 years on a purgatoried soul (I'm asking first hand on the list or an immediate family member).  I am sincerely curious as Thirty years+ has never given me opportunity for hearing of either, though I have been given to pray to various saints for thanksgiving or intercession and prayer on behalf of my intention.  Venerations and appeal, not worship.

I suspect that there are more radical similarities in the dishes brought to church picnics than differences in daily practice of the religions having those picnics (barring pork products prohibited by various groups).

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> the Poster speciffically said without looking them up!
Thorbjorn