[Sca-cooks] Catholic/Christian, was: The Fallwell/Robertson statements

Mon Sep 17 07:11:29 PDT 2001

Hassan ibn Sabbah.  He was a Persian, who, according to legend, was schooled
with Omar Khayyam and the future Vizier to the Caliph of Baghdad.  The three
swore to help each other advance in the world.  When the one became Vizier,
Omar Khayyam received court patronage but Hassan's goals were to lofty for
the Vizier to assist.  Disgruntled, he created the Ismaili sect of assassins
as a power base and later ordered the death of the Vizier.

Bear