[Sca-cooks] Catholic/Christian, was: The Fallwell/Robertson statements

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Sep 16 12:42:20 PDT 2001

> Regarding the question of Christians versus Judaeo-Christians versus
> Jews, the reality of that conflict is entirely based on the arguments
> between Saints Peter and Paul. Paul, who had been quite a zealous Jew,
> felt that Christians should be circumcised and otherwise adhere to the
> Law of Moses as closely as the teachings of Jesus allowed. Peter felt
> that a lot of this was unnecessary, and that it would be better to have
> many Christians that might be seen as imperfect under the Law of Moses,
> instead of a few perfect ones.

*blink* oops, you got them confused. Peter was for making converts behave
as Jews, Paul was against it.  (Peter is considered the founder because of
this line, apologies for quoting the Christian NT:
Matthew 16:18 "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My
church") Paul won the argument though, at least for the Roman Church.
Certain Jewish practices and prohibitions were adopted into the Church at
Byzantium... which bring brings me to the obligator Food Content:

animals that were strangled and animal blood, also some tref meats were
not considered proper food in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox contries
during the Middle Ages.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa