[Sca-cooks] Catholic/Christian, was: The Fallwell/Robertson statements

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Sep 16 12:47:58 PDT 2001

> Many Protestant sects, including Lutheran, which is the church in which
> I was raised, do practice Communion.  It's a matter of approach to it,
> though.  They do not believe in transsubstantiation.

Nope, Lutherans believe in consubstantiation, which is not simply a
rememberance but not a physical transformation either. I had a serious
Lutheran explain the difference to me once. I don't think any other
Protestant sects (which do not include the various Orthodox sects, I don't
know WHAT they believe) believe in consubstantiation.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa