[Sca-cooks] Re: cookies

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Sat Sep 15 20:20:38 PDT 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:19:56 -0500 (CDT) upsxdls_osu at ionet.net writes:

>Nowdays, every Halloween, we're advised to throw away those homemade
>goodies, and take the Kids' candy to the hospital to have them x-rayed.

    Yeah, that's why I thought if someone delivered them, in person, with
a signed thank-you card, that since these men and women are adults they
could decide whether to eat them or not.

    Unused baking supplies would be greatly appreciated by homeless
shelters; it gives them control over fitting items into their menus.
Back in July,  Philippa Alderton  sent some information from Andrew
MacRobb, a retired health inspector on camping food safety.  Perhaps
someone on the list knows someone who can answer the question of how do
we let them know we're not gonna poisen them ...

     Mordonna also took some cookies and flowers to her local
firestation.  Maybe she could let us know what the firefighters thought??

     Elizabeth