[Sca-cooks] apple pies

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Sep 17 07:31:53 PDT 2001

So, as I was snacking on dried apples this morning (the bf left them at my
house, thus by Pixel's Second Law they are mine) and I was wondering if
you could make pies out of dried apples. I always buy apples to make pies,
and then by the time I get to making the pie I have to buy more apples
because the first batch has gone moldy-slimy-squishy. If I dried them (or,
more properly, had the bf dry them) they would be there when I had time to
bake.

So, has anybody made pies with dried apples?

Margaret FitzWilliam