[Sca-cooks] apple pies

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Sep 17 08:08:54 PDT 2001

See http://www.recipesource.com/desserts/pies/index16.html
for some recipes online. I can remember eating a dried apple
pie several years ago and will try to find the recipe. We used
dried apples in certain cakes (as opposed to raw apple cakes)
and also in fruitcakes. I suspect that there should be
Appalachian and Amish recipes for them as well. I'll take
a look and see what I find.
Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Holloway