[Sca-cooks] chili peppers

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Sep 17 12:27:46 PDT 2001

Margaret replied to me with:
> > Yep. I didn't think chilis would grow that far north.
> >
> > Maybe you should have put it in a pot so you could bring it inside.
>
> We do actually have a growing season up here, you know. It's not like it's
> the polar ice caps, after all. ;-)
>
> The pots are full of basil at the moment. It seemed like the thing to do
> at the time--besides, I have no good cat-safe place for a potted plant of
> any sort. I can't have any plants inside--the little furry demons consider
> anything green in a pot as salad. Even miniature roses--you'd think the
> thorns would be a detriment.

You still have time to get some more pots. Or would the grown pepper
plants not transplant well?

As for the cats disturbing the pepper plants, at least eating them,
that might be self-solving after they eat one of them. You did say
that you expected these peppers to be hot. But then someone on this
list mentioned feeding their cat hot curry when the cat got too
curious and found that the cat liked it.

Stefan li Rous