[Sca-cooks] Playdough question was Superheroes

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Tue Sep 18 06:41:44 PDT 2001

I got the following recipe from an article by H.L. Sundstrom:

Salt Dough

Large Clean Water Resistant Easy to Clean Working Area
Large Bowl
Large Spoon
Measuring Cup
Hot Water [One Part Water]
Two Packages of Unsugared Flavored Colored Drink Mix
Flour (not self rising) [Two Parts flour]
Salt [One Part Salt] (Works as a natural preservative)
Oil (vegetable oil should be used in case it is accidentally ingested but
mineral oil can be substituted) [One tablespoon per cup of flour]
Two parts flour to one part salt means if one cup of flour is used then one
half cup of salt and hot water should be used, if two cups of flour is used
then one cup of salt and hot water should be used.

Mix all dry ingredients (flour, salt, drink mix) in the bowl together
thoroughly. Then add the hot water. Mix thoroughly. Then add the oil to the
mixture.

Be sure to have air tight containers or plastic to wrap the salt dough in
when you are finished if you do not intend to allow it to dry and want to be
able to reuse it later.