[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway.. .

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Sep 18 11:14:43 PDT 2001

>I do know that plain gold chains (not gold chains holding up some sort of pendant or
>medallion), gold spurs and white belts (all white, not white and a bunch of other
>colors as you described) are reserved on a corporate level to the Chivalry, just as
>the Pelican in her piety is reserved to the Order of the Pelican and the green laurel
>wreath on a gold field is reserved to the Order of the Laurel.  The only other
>society-wide sumptuary restrictions are for hats...6 pearls for barons, 15 (I think)
>for viscounts, crenelated for counts and strawberry leaves for dukes.  Also, I believe
>that livery collars are reserved to those holding a Grant of Arms or better.

Kiri, are you sure about all that? The sumptuary restrictions, I believe, are
_customs_, not Corpora, and vary from kingdom to kingdom. I've never seen
a 15-pearled coronet in Calontir, either our native viscounts or any of the
number of visiting ones.
And livery collars are most assuredly custom, not Corpora; we don't have them
in Calontir (save for maybe one or two, who wear them for High Persona
Official High-Falutin' Events), and I doubt most people here even know
what one would be.

Alban