[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway.. .

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Sep 18 11:36:02 PDT 2001

> Kiri, are you sure about all that? The sumptuary restrictions, I believe, are
> _customs_, not Corpora,

Some of the sumptuary restrictions were elucidated by Laurel a while back
in a commentary. Laurel/Pelican/? Kings/Queens of Arms since then have
generally considered them not binding except in heraldry, but the
statement was made, apparently at the request of the BOD. However,
Brigantia (Principal Herald of the East) still believes they are in force.
;)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa