[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway.. .

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Tue Sep 18 12:28:43 PDT 2001

> I do know that plain gold chains (not gold chains holding up some sort of pendant or
> medallion), gold spurs and white belts (all white, not white and a bunch of other
> colors as you described) are reserved on a corporate level to the Chivalry, just as
> the Pelican in her piety is reserved to the Order of the Pelican and the green laurel
> wreath on a gold field is reserved to the Order of the Laurel.  The only other

Here's a question for clarification: I've heard and read the "gold
chain, gold spurs and white belt" restriction.  But, does it mean that
all three symbols together are restricted, or any one of them
individually?  I've often heard that it's all three together, because
restricting ladies from wearing gold chains is rather ridiculous - there
are *so many* period illustrations and descriptions of them.  As such,
I've rarely seen a lady criticized for wearing one.  But, if that's
true, then all the people who complain about a belt *worn alone* also
have no case.

-Magdalena