[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway.. .

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Sep 18 22:07:58 PDT 2001

In Artemisia, gold spurs are reserved for reigning kings, and dukes.
Plain gold chains of large links are for knights' usage, although other
peers, in fealty, are allowed to wear the symbol of their order
dependent from a gold chain.  I don't believe squires here wear spurs at
all, although they do wear red belts.  There's some sort of regulation
about collars of estate, too, but I don't recall it off-hand.  We're
also one of the kingdoms that has pretty restrictive rules about wearing
circlets--basically, baronage or better.  As a plain 'ole peer, I am not
entitled to wear one, but then, they're not period for me anyway, so I
don't sweat it.
--Maire
Obligatory Food Content: I'm in the early stages of cooking up a large
batch of pear butter.  It's amazing how much the smell of cooking pears
reminds me of the smell of cooking apples....is this just me, or have
other folks noticed it?