[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigatingextremists anyway.. .

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Tue Sep 18 12:55:16 PDT 2001

> I also vaguely remember that there was going to be an attempt to shift
> some of those items over from badges/heraldry to items/sumptuary, but
> I cannot now remember if 1) anything was actually done about it, and 2)
> which items were so shifted.
> But if it has been done, I believe it's still something sort of vaguely
> regulated (but not at all enforced) by the College of Arms, and not
> by Corpora. I believe.

In all the examples in Maddelena's post, the items were listed as (for
example):

The following badge associated with this name was registered in
June of 1982 (via Laurel) and redesignated as regalia in October of 1998

Wouldn't "and redesignated as regalia" mean that it has been made
sumptuary?

Of course, sumptuary laws were pretty widely flaunted in the MA.  And,
does a mundane College of Arms have the right to designate regalia?  Is
this a period concept?

-Magdalena