[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway.. .

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Sep 18 17:05:14 PDT 2001

>If I'm not mistaken, I think that Gold spurs are reserved for knights, heavy
>chains for Knights and Squires, regular spurs for squires and white belt for
>knights.
>
>fine gold chains and such are not at issue, only heavy "official-y" type
>ones are restricted.

Unadorned gold chains are reserved to the Chivalry. Says nothing about
heavy or light; just that they be unadorned. There is _no_ SCA-wide
convention about squires' chains; squire is a job position, neither a title
nor an award. Ditto spurs: there is no SCA-wide convention that certain
kinds or colors of spurs are reserved for squires.

Alban