[Sca-cooks] OT Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Sep 18 21:40:47 PDT 2001

I actually had the -uh- enlightening experience of running into one at
one of my very first events, regarding a belt I was wearing that was
white leather, but very heavily embroidered (enough so, that it didn't
really count as a knight's belt). She apparently didn't think so, and
read me the riot act.  I ignored her, basically.  She was rude, and
intrusive, although trying to be helpful.  I see her on occasion (we
both play in the same kingdom)...I've since become a laurel for
costuming and needlework, and you know what? she's still a
wannabe.....The moral of the story is: Take what you need, and leave the
rest....
--Maire