[Sca-cooks] Seville Orange Juice

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Sep 19 10:32:07 PDT 2001

Anahita asked:
> There's a 16th c. recipe for Seville Orange Juice Sauce, in Marx
> Rumpolt's Ein New Kochbuch, that calls for the fresh juice of
> Sauerpomeranzen (Seville oranges), sugar, and cinnamon, uncooked. I'd
> like to serve it with roast pork legs at the Boar Hunt Feast.
> However, fresh Seville Oranges are hard to find any time of year. I
> have seen them at a local market, but they are only briefly
> available, and aren't around now.
>
> Anyone have any idea what i can use instead?

Thanks for the referance. It sounds like this could be good.

There are some comments on substitutions for Seville orange juice
in this file in the FOOD-FRUITS section of the Florilegium:
fruit-citrus-msg  (45K)  3/26/01    Period citrus fruits. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-citrus-msg.html

Stefan li Rous