[Sca-cooks] Seville Orange Juice

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 20:35:24 PDT 2001

Anahita asked:
>There's a 16th c. recipe for Seville Orange
>Juice Sauce, <snip>
>Anyone have any idea what i can use instead?

  I don't know if it's available in your markets, but I found that Goya
Foods (Latino specialties and staples) puts out a bottle of "Bitter
Orange Marinade". IIRC, it has grapefruit juice in it along with bitter
orange juice. It's what I've been using to experiment (I mean, cook
dinner) with, and it works OK by me.  If you want, I can pick up a
bottle to send you. It's about 24 ounces, I think.

Bethra

=====
Christina Elisabeth de la Griffon Riant
Barony of Stonemarche     EK