[Sca-cooks] mushrooms (was Italian Cookery)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 19 11:03:50 PDT 2001

There are at least 75 in print books on mushroom cookery.
One author that comes to mind is Jack Czarnecki who has
incorporated wild and cultivated mushrooms into his menus
and recipes. He has at least two books available. There
are numerous mushroom/morel/mycology societies or groups
that can be found on the web, plus hundreds of scientific papers
on fungi, mushrooms, etc. That's before we get into those
on cookery. It's a large subject. And offhand I can't point
to a definitive book on the uses of the Mushroom through
history.  Sorry---Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Holloway