[Sca-cooks] apple pies

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 14:57:02 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/17/01 10:28:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
phoenissa at netscape.net writes:

<< Speaking of apples, my new house came with a large apple tree in the
backyard.  But I can't figure out what type of apple they are!  They turn a
streaky red, they're a bit starchy and not over-sweet - very good for eating,
and ok for cooking but not that great.  (They retain their texture but not
their flavor.)  Does this sound familiar to anyone, or can anyone suggest how
I find out what breed they are?  (It's more to satisfy my roommate's and my
curiousity than anything else.)
 Thanks,
 Vittoria >>

Take a branch with a piece of the fruit to your local conservatory or
horticultural center, they should be able to help.