[Sca-cooks] Re: Count Gunthar

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Thu Sep 20 03:49:49 PDT 2001

>Noooo! You Atenmelters can't have him. I think he should come to An Tir-
>there's lots of computer firms, lots of fighters who would enjoy a good
>whuppin, and he could play with us cooks in a land where air
>conditioning is still an 'option'. We'll introduce him to the chowder at
>Mo's on the Oregon coast, feed him salmon at Ivar's Fish House,
>introduce him to strawberries still in the field, and the FINEST
>MICROBREW IN NORTH AMERICA! I think that once he's had a snootful of our
>air and felt the morning mist on his brow and fought a woods battle
>amongst evergreens... he'll never want to go back.
>
>'Lainie

On the other hand, if one is looking for exotic weather (we call it
climate), and a small cozy group that could really use a knight-count who
can cook, you might consider the Far North -- Oertha in general, the Barony
of Winter's Gate in particular. Give us a year; the land often takes the
rest of your life. Well, I certainly didn't intend to spent the rest of my
life here when I started college back in 1960-something (G).

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     morgana at gci.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson