[Sca-cooks] Re: Count Gunthar

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 20 09:11:01 PDT 2001

Tara wrote:
> I dunno... I think he'd be best off here in the East.  You want
> high-tech jobs?  You can't get much more variety and volume than the
> Eastern Seaboard.  Beer?  Weirbachers.  Doesn't get any better.  A
> microbrewery completely dedicated to brews with high alcohol volumes.
> They're one of only two breweries in the world to make a Belgian Quad.
> Food?  Hello, all-you-can-eat Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs.  New England
> lobster.  And... the infamous Wilbur Buds.  Fighters?  Lemme tell you
> about fighters in the East...

Oh, you must mean those "Can't fight single combats because all they do
is practice unit tactics" fighters who won the Heroic Champions battle
which consisted entirely of single combats. I've heard about them ;  ) .

>   And, you can't forget, the ability to go
> to Pennsic with *everything you own.*  No airline limits.  No sending
> stuff out freight a week ahead and hoping it arrives OK.  No storing
> most of your equipment on site or in Butler.  Not to mention, the
> ability to got to Pennsic for only two or three days if the mood
> strikes.
>
> Nope, ain't no place like the East Kingdom.

You know, I _really_ wasn't going to get into this: I can't imagine
Gunthar not being made supremely welcome anywhere he chooses to go (if
indeed he needs to go anywhere), and every place has its advantages and
disadvantages, and Gunthar certainly has any and all smarts required to
capitalize on this.

On the other hand, if he _did_ decide to move to the East... what she said.

Adamantius, East Kingdom Travel and Tourist Bo-- ahem-- EKMoAS
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com