[Sca-cooks] superheroes OT

james rich 7152 at cableone.net
Thu Sep 20 09:12:36 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Christina Nevin <cnevin at caci.co.uk>
To: SCA-Cooks (E-mail) <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] superheroes OT

> Christina Nevin wrote:
> > =09The Green Lantern must be a board member ;  )
> > =09Adamantius, who (hmmmm...) has an apprentice named Robin--
> > =09Phil & Susan Troy
> >
> > Ah, but are you talking about Hank or Guy here? <evil grin>
> > Lucrezia
> Hmmm. Don't remember a Hank. Could you be talking of Hal? I think
> the
> current wearer of the ring is named Kyle Raynor. Unless they've
> changed
> it a_gain_. Very hard to keep track of this stuff. It doesn't help
> that
> they've just begun (or will soon begin) running a Justice League
> animated series that features yet another Lantern, who may or may
> not be
> the African-American guy that wore the ring in the 70's.
>
> Adamantius, wishing for a Lensman movie that is _not_ anim=E9: man,
> was
> that bad
>
> Oops, yeah I meant Hal Jordan. I always liked Guy better though...
> Don't remember the 70s African-American guy - and I was so peeved when
they
> killed off Hawk and Dove I pretty much gave up on collecting DC comics
> (though I still have a huge stack of JLA/JLI/Booster Gold & Blue Beetle
> comix).
> Lucrezia

I began to get disgusted with DC when they killed off Iris Allen; then after
they eliminated the multi-verse in the Crisis, I basically gave up on them.
I still may pick up one every now and then, but it's usually pretty
disappointing.  Instead, I made up my *own* version of the DC universe.
 It's funny; I resurrected the Kents and made the JLA international several
years before *they* did! I came across some of my notes from that time a few
weeks ago. I had some okay ideas.)  It's a shame really that comic books
lost their innocence--reality is sometimes overrated.
AElfwenna

> This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc
or
> subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
> privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
> intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are
not
> an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.
If