[Sca-cooks] Re: Count Gunthar

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 17:48:43 PDT 2001

Sorry Lainie, An Tir can't have him either.  Caid
wants him.  We too have lots of computer firms [and
not that Great Satan of Companies, Micros**t], lots of
even better fighters, lots of tourney fighting [almost
every weekend], lots of wars [Great Western War (which
we hope will turn into Pennsic West), Spring and Fall
Potrero wars, Caid-West War, Darkwell War, Highlands
War, Stark Wars to name a few, and we are reasonably
close to both Estrella War and Grand Outlandish].  We
have the best weather anywhere [unlike An Tir, which
is rainy and gloomy most of the year].  We have every
climate and ecosystem within our borders.  Now that
the West is loosing Lochac, we soon will have the
largest kingdom in the Known World.  Like beaches?  We
have the perfect beaches of California, Hawaii, Brazil
and New Zealand. Like to snow ski?  You can in
California, Hawaii and New Zealand.  We have every
ethnicity and culture here.  We have tons of
entertainment close at hand from Hollywood to Las
Vegas to you name it, we have it.  Because of our
perfect weather, we have lots of fresh food at cheap
prices.  You want Strawberries Fresh from the Fields,
we have them.  Caid provides 80% of the US
Strawberries.  There are so many strawberry fields
here it is hard not to find one.  You like Dates?  We
grow every variety.  Citrus fruit?  We grow every
kind, including Seville oranges.  Avocados, almonds,
apricots, pistachios, pecans, walnuts, cherries,
apples, pears, peaches, berries and grapes. Not to
mention tons vegetables. We make the best wine in the
world. We are the land of Milk and Honey.  We have
many great cooks, but could always use one more.  Come
to Caid!  We have lots of jobs!

Huette

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
> Noooo! You Atenmelters can't have him. I think he
> should come to An Tir-
> there's lots of computer firms, lots of fighters who
> would enjoy a good
> whuppin, and he could play with us cooks in a land
> where air
> conditioning is still an 'option'. We'll introduce
> him to the chowder at
> Mo's on the Oregon coast, feed him salmon at Ivar's
> Fish House,
> introduce him to strawberries still in the field,
> and the FINEST
> MICROBREW IN NORTH AMERICA! I think that once he's
> had a snootful of our
> air and felt the morning mist on his brow and fought
> a woods battle
> amongst evergreens... he'll never want to go back.
>
> Heck- all of you should come up here! Sure, An Tir
> would get fat and the
> rest of the Known World would starve, but So? Not
> like that's a problem
> or anything...
>
> 0:-D)  <-see my halo? I'm so sweet and innocent...
>
> 'Lainie

=====
shall never cease to be amused.