[Sca-cooks] Question to the group....

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu Sep 20 17:39:53 PDT 2001

    Actually, we use an advanced form of weather control down here. Our
tornados are basically big windstorms, totally unlike the monsters you get
in the midwest. When they hit, we lose screen enclosures and lanais, and the
occasional boat on davits. I live on a barrier island, and during the day,
we have a strong on-shore breeze. When it dies down, we get 2 hours of
deluge, and then it clears right up. The humidity is high, but quite
comfortable. We haven't had a hurricane in my neck of the woods since 1960
(I was here for Donna . . . it tore my island a new ass, but nowhere near as
bad as the tornados you see on the news)
    And (I might add), in the past 40 years, we've had a total of 17 days
where frost formed (I looked it up), and it snowed twice (for about 10
minutes, and mostly melted before it even hit the ground). Pray contemplate
this next february when you're looking at a fathom or so of crystalline
water on your front yard, and transportation has come to a grinding halt.
Snow days? What's a snow day . . .?
    No heating problems, no winter wardrobe, no winterizing your car, no
dealing with all the anxieties and dangers that accompany yankee winters. We
don't have seasons, though, unless you want to count tourist season, when
the snowbirds migrate south and the traffic bogs down . . .

    Sieggy