[Sca-cooks] Re: Bidding for Count Gunthar

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Sep 20 19:54:29 PDT 2001

kylie walker wrote:

> If you come to Lochac, you should arrange it so you spend winter in
> Queensland and the hotter months down south. In Melbourne, which is the
> culinary capital of the country! (Polit has lovely people, but the weather
> ... sheesh, scraping ice of the windscreen is not my idea of fun. Don't
> suppose there'd be many scantily clad waterbearers, either.).

I only scrape ice off the car twice, maybe three times a year. And no,
it doesn't rain every day and it is only gloomy in January- as it is
nearly everywhere else! (Back me up on this Anne-Marie!)

The waterbearers from my household, Vaillans Coeurs, are not scantily
clad. They are neatly dressed in modest gowns as become decent young
ladies, and on the field they cover their hair as is proper. In court
they have modest but flattering clothing and they are allowed to display
their hair, neat and clean, and so are known as good and wholesome
maidens, not as girls of ill repute who would lure your sons and knights
with unclean speech and unseemly manner...

(Ok- the girls in my house aren't 'fast'- they aren't the girls your son
will get in trouble with. But they are the kind that their senior year
of college will be coming home to meet you during the holidays...)

And don't call me Mrs Beeton.

'Lainie