[Sca-cooks] Simple and Authentic

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Sep 21 08:11:14 PDT 2001

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> I quite agree- my favorite and most authentic clothes are really quite
> simple (Houppelandes rock! Especially if they're orange!). Throwing on
> scads of expensive trim does not make a garment more period- it simply
> makes it more expensive.

And a simple sideless surcoat is very elegant, period....and comfortable!

> Armoured turnips
> Funges
> Cormarye
> Loseyns and Macrows
> Icelandic Chicken

OK...except for the Icelandic Chicken, which I've not had, you've hit upon
some of my favorite dishes...to which I make bold to add gyngerbrede, some
of the wonderful meat pies and venison seasoned with wine, juniper berries
and other seasonings!

Kiri