[Sca-cooks] Bidding for Count Gunthar

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 13:07:05 PDT 2001

Big guns?  We have you covered.

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
> All right- I'm hauling out the big guns.
>
> Gorgeous coastline.

Caid has that in spades.  California coastline, Hawaii
coastline, New Zealand coastline and Brazil coastline.

> Skiing and wintersports most of the year.

Ditto. California and New Zealand.

> Cool resorts in the Cascades- hot springs, etc.

Ditto. All over California, Hawaii and New Zealand.

> Windsurfing in the Columbia Gorge.

Windsurfing whereever you like, including the Colorado
River.

> Crater Lake.

Dead volcano, with lake.  Lots of dead volcanos in
Hawaii and NZ, and several active ones too.  Lots of
lakes in Calif.  Big Bear Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Lake
Mead, to name a few.

But don't forget, Lainie, Mount St. Helens ...

> Mount Rainier.

Mauna Kea.  The Sierra Nevadas.

> The San Juans.

The Hawaiian Islands.  New Zealand.  The California
Channel Islands.

> The Oregon Shakspeare Festival.

The Old Globe Theater, San Diego, The Free Shakespeare
Festival, Theatricum Botanicum, + dozens of others.

> SLUG Queens.

Rose Queens or The "Queens" of Hollywood Blvd.

> Fine hunting and fishing (and Duke James knows where
> to go!)

Ditto.

> And....
> 	the BIIIIG ONE...
>
> An Tir is the home of...
>
> 		POWELL'S BOOKS!
>
> 	The City of Books! With separate outlets for tech
> stuff and a whole
> store in the Hawthorne district just for Cooking
> books!

Caid is the home of ACRES OF BOOKS, JANET JARVITS COOK
BOOKS, COOKS LIBRARY [a cookbook store], THE BODHI
TREE BOOKSTORE, just to name a few.  Plus the
University of California at Santa Barbara has a large
collection of historic cookbooks, donated to them by
Julia Child.

And I raise you, Lainie, kayaking on the Kern River,
snorkling for abalone off Catalina, surfing in both
California and Hawaii.  Bay Watch Babes and Hawaiian
Hula Girls.  Sunsets of great beauty.  Majestic
Sequoia trees.  The Glaciers and Fjords of New
Zealand.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.