[Sca-cooks] SCA in Brazil?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Sep 21 23:55:47 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Huette said:
> > No, the BoD has given the Antarctic to Trimaris.  Why,
> > I have no idea.
>
> Maybe they figure you can't do period cooking in Antartica
> anyway? :-)

Stefan, you are so going to fry for that remark... ;-)

> > Drachenwald may have more habitable
> > land, but we have more area.  Granted, it is mostly
> > ocean, but still more area.  From Central Calif. down
> > to Brazil, from Brazil to NZ, from NZ to Hawaii and
> > from Hawaii to Central Calif.
>
> You've mentioned Brazil several times. Is there now an official
> SCA group in Brazil?

I was wondering about that too. I don't know of any official branches in
the Americas south of the US border. Heard rumour of one in Mexico, but
never confirmed.

I didn't know the BOD had 'given' Antarctica to anybody- particularly
since I happened to know of two SCAdians who were there for several
months, more than once (can't remember the name of the station). They
came home recently and there wern't any SCAdians there that they knew
of- and- (DRUM ROLL)

They were An Tirians. From Shire of Glyn Dwfn, Principality of the
Summits! Yee-Haw!

An Tir goes up into the Northwest Territories, and I am told we have a
Laurel who lives 24 hours north of civilization. It occurrs to me that
with people in Antarctica and someone nearly in the Arctic, we have both
ends of the Known World! (I think for land mass we're the biggest but I
don't have an atlas handy).

Now I will wait and see if Stefan can graciously get out of his silly
remark... ;-)

'Lainie