[Sca-cooks] New England vs. Texas

Mike Macchione drkael at home.com
Sat Sep 22 07:19:24 PDT 2001

> Bethra replied to me with:
> > Stefan asked:
> > >So, New England isn't a good place for a vacation?
> >    Sure, it's a wonderful place,  but I LIVE here. Yes, it's small (5
> > states in 5 hours),
>
> Now, that's different. I can travel in almost any direction for five
> hours and still be in Texas. Of course, if I head southeast I might
> be slightly into the Gulf of Mexico.

Okay, I think I have you both beat... I can reach 4 states in half an
hour...... (DE, PA, NJ, MD)  6 states in 2 1/2 hours(NY, VA)..... and if
there's no traffic and no cops....  9 states in 5 hours (CT, MA, WV) and 6
hours gains 2 more (OH, RI--although RI might be calling it close...)

and people wonder why people from my area think an hour is a long drive....

Kael