[Sca-cooks] Winter - snow and food

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 22:09:27 PDT 2001

>The bean pot is currently doubling as a pickle crock, but they'll be
>done by the time it is cold enough to bake beans here. What oven temp?
>Slow, I assume.
>
>Anne

Yup. Slow.  225 - 250.  Check em a few times though to make sure they dont'
dry out.  They shouldn't float but...well you get it.  You can perk up the
recipe a bit for your taste.  For me, well, I usually beg the Worchester
Sauce cuz it's awful except in this.  You can add a little more of that if
you like it but not much more.  I usually up the mustard cuz I like things
hotter.  Sometimes I throw in a little brown sugar.
Let me know how it turns out.  And the pickles too!
Olwen