[Sca-cooks] Figs revisited

Melody Mahanna moonwoman at btconnect.com
Mon Sep 24 15:52:25 PDT 2001

	My great grandmother and my mother used to do something similiar with
biscuit dough except we called them Poor Man pies.  Basically a round of
biscuit dough was rolled out filled with butter, sugar, cinammon, jam,
jelly, fruit (basically whatever you had) and the edges crimped with a fork
then tossed them into lard to fry.  Yes they are something that would make
your ateries quiver in anticipation but they are one of my fondest childhood
memories.  Nothing like biting into a fresh poor man pie and between the
shrieks of delight from the squirting butter you could hear monas of pure
unadulterated gastronomic rapture as they were gobbled down.
	~Melody