[Sca-cooks] Viking cookbook

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Sep 24 20:46:18 PDT 2001

Inga asked about a particular cookbook. Here are a few pointers to
files in the Florilegium I think might help.

> 3. What are (and/or where can I find) the following and what do they look
> and taste like:
> a.) bilberries (picture on facing page looks like blueberries)

berries-msg       (74K)  9/ 5/01    Period berries and berry recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/berries-msg.html

> b.) swedes (apparently a kind of root vegetable.  In the picture facing the
> vegetable recipes, what might be peeled, chopped swedes look yellower than
> regular potatoes but *not* orangey like yams or sweet potatoes)

root-veg-msg      (87K)  6/29/01    Medieval and period root vegetables.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/root-veg-msg.html

I hope these help.
   Stefan
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net