[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts, candy making supplies.

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:58:30 PDT 2001

Pretty much your right.  I have never used oilcloth-covered boards so cann't
speak for that.  In sugar and chocolate work temperature is pretty
important.  I make a lot of syrup and chocolate garnishes and by drizzling
this on marble it sets up right away and is easily removed from the surface.
  With wood, like I used to have to use, it takes a little more time to cool
down and it has a tendency to stick to the porous surface which means you
have to sugar the surface which in turn changes the medium you are working
in.

Marzipan on the other hand works very well on wood and I don't like it on
marble.
Olwen who broke in half her four foot marble surface when moving last time.
:-(