[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts, candy making supplies.

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 07:27:12 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/25/01 12:20:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
phoenissa at netscape.net writes:

<< I have to admit, I like the waxed paper-cookie sheet idea better :-)
Although I was also wondering if a drying rack like you use for cookies would
also work?  (With paper underneath it of course.)
 The marble sounds lovely, and I would certainly love one of those in the
future, if candy-making proves successful enough that I would do it again :-)
 However, I feel the need to point out (I can't remember if I ever did
before) that I am a full-time college student with no car (not to mention a
limited budget and *very* limited free time), so while I love hearing all
suggestions, I think I'm only going to act on "home-remedy"-type advice :-)

You can use a cookie rack too, but you tend to end up with lines underneath
the candies. Not bad at all, but definitly remember to put something under
it. If you get into chocolate candies, putting a sheetpan/cookie sheet
underneath the rack means you can re-use the chocolate.

One debate about the rack vs. pan is that the rack allows for a nice round
appearance, while the pan method has a slight tendance to produce "feet" (a
small amount of pooled coating) at the base.

Just some thoughts.

Finnebhir