[Sca-cooks] Corn, was Return of the Wanderer (partly OT)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Sep 25 13:57:00 PDT 2001

> Maybe that's a problem in PA, but when you have
> most of Central Illinois planted in either beans
> or corn... It's not much of problem out in Illinois.

It may have to do with distance from Jerhattan (which includes Philly).

(Great moments in my life: stopping at a roadside stand with my boyfriend,
whose parents were from Brooklyn and who had grown up in NJ... and
watching his brain explode at the concept of 'put the money in the box'.
Sadly, with the encroachments from Jerhattan you see less and less of this
in Lancaster County.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa