[Sca-cooks] OT - How to eat a Mars bar . . .

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 25 21:25:14 PDT 2001

Olwen asked:
> Or at the very least; set aflame.  Yeah...go there...mmmmm

I've had freeze-dried ice cream but never flaming ice cream. I assume
you douse it with some kind of liquor. Brandy? Vodka? I also assume
that is stay lit only long enough for entertainment effects and not
long enough to melt the ice cream. Details, please.

Period stuff: Do we have any evidence of alcoholic beverages being
used in period to creat flame effects for sotelties? While the
liquor would have been expensive, those sotelties were often done
for the well off and part of fancy festivities, so I can see where
it could have been done despite the cost.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net