[Sca-cooks] OT - How to eat a Mars bar . . .

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 26 10:22:19 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
>I've had freeze-dried ice cream but never flaming ice cream. I assume
>you douse it with some kind of liquor. Brandy? Vodka? I also assume
>that is stay lit only long enough for entertainment effects and not
>long enough to melt the ice cream. Details, please.

Warm up the alcohol-containing stuff. Put it in a ladle while warm.
Set liqueur alight, THEN pour over the ice cream.

It won't light if it's over the ice cream before ignition. And it
won't melt the ice cream (or not much) while flaming, and it will
burn out fairly quickly.

Anahita
Flaming food makes me thing of crepes Suzette... haven't had them for
around 30 years