[Sca-cooks] Figs

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 26 03:50:41 PDT 2001

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 9/25/01 11:57:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>

>>Of course, the irony here is that if Elvis had eaten this and dropped a
>> few pounds, he might be alive today... ;  )
>>

> Nuh-uh!!! Elvis has gone HOME!!! The King has gone to his throne! He has left
> with his alien brothas!!!!
>
> Misha
> Who is sailing the U.S.S. Newton to the rock.

You know, the really funny thing is Elvis was probably a Newtonian, too.

Misha, are you old enough to have been exposed to Mr. Bill and Mr.
Sluggo, and the concept that on a weekly basis Mr. Sluggo would kill or
maim Mr. Bill, and the following week Mr. Bill would be recovered and
cheerful, and only slightly suspicious of whatever Mr. Sluggo appeared
to be up to, until it was too late? Well, I just found, among some old
papers, an inch-high stack of cartoons drawn by various people
significant to my high school years, all on the theme of "Elvis: The
Legend Dies". Seems that Elvis was essentially the Mr. Bill character,
and his faithful bodyguard, Billy Bob (sporting khaki uniform,
ten-gallon hat, mirrored sunglasses, and .44 Magnum) was Mr. Sluggo... I
believe these predate my awareness of the existence of Mr. Bill, though.

I think my favorite is still "Elvis Meets Das Mummenschanz"...

Of course, it's horrible to think about a real person in this way, but
by that time Elvis had evolved into a sort of cartoony icon anyway,
separate from any real person that may have been behind that. And as I'm
sure you're aware, teenagers can be a cruel lot.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com