[Sca-cooks] Figs

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Wed Sep 26 09:29:02 PDT 2001

> Misha, are you old enough to have been exposed to Mr. Bill and Mr.
> Sluggo, and the concept that on a weekly basis Mr. Sluggo would kill or
> maim Mr. Bill, and the following week Mr. Bill would be recovered and
> cheerful, and only slightly suspicious of whatever Mr. Sluggo appeared
> to be up to, until it was too late? Well, I just found, among some old
> papers, an inch-high stack of cartoons drawn by various people
> significant to my high school years, all on the theme of "Elvis: The
> Legend Dies". Seems that Elvis was essentially the Mr. Bill character,
> and his faithful bodyguard, Billy Bob (sporting khaki uniform,
> ten-gallon hat, mirrored sunglasses, and .44 Magnum) was Mr. Sluggo... I
> believe these predate my awareness of the existence of Mr. Bill, though.

This reminds me of a food-related thing from a few days ago.  Friends
invited us over for home-made ravioli.  We got there, to find out that
the gentleman, who was to be making the pasta, had a really horrible day
at work.  He and my husband started making the pasta for the ravioli.
Well, it failed.  Miserably.  It was just too sticky.  Then they tried
to make it into spaghetti.  Which also failed.  Finally, they made it
into a Gumby shaped figurine, ran that through the pasta roller while
shouting "Oh nooooo Mr. Bill!" and we went out to TGI Friday's for
dinner.

:)
-Magdalena