[Sca-cooks] Nasty Foods...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Sep 26 07:56:00 PDT 2001

"Peters, Rise J." wrote:

> I think it's really important to be able to make the call to pitch out a
> total failure, rather than serving it and hoping for the best.  "This is not
> ideal," "this is not how I'd hoped it would turn out" are one thing ...
> "this is nasty" needs to be thrown away.  One benefit of the multiple-course
> approach taken to many sca meals is that there is usually enough food that
> nobody will notice what's missing...

BINGBINGBING!

This is one of the saving graces of feasting, I think. If I make a meal
here at home and the meat dish does not turn out, everyone knows it! But
in the feast scenario, with all those dishes to shuffle around, you can
make up for the loss and no one but the kitchen crew knows that there
was supposed to be another dish... well, no one but the crew and the
raccoons on the back porch... ;-)

'Lainie