[Sca-cooks] Nasty Foods...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 26 14:38:56 PDT 2001

Ok, so the 'worst' food I experienced was probably not that bad; but for a
newbie it was rather, ahem, startling.

The second feast I ever went to, the feastocrat failed to show up on site
until 11 pm Friday night. He was expecting someone (unspecified) to pull
out the frozen chickens. So, they didn't get pulled out until he got
there. In the morning, semi-frozen chicken were baked. I wandered into the
kitchen to help and wound up pulling apart mostly-cooked baked chickens.
(Have I mentioned I have a limited chicken tolerance? Luckily someone came
by, saw my green face, and dragged me out for an ice run.)

The resulting bits were served in a whiteish sauce dotted with overboiled
hardboiled egg yolks, on platters. All I could think of was 'greasy grimy
gopher guts... " etc.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa