[Sca-cooks] Regretable foods...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Sep 27 08:17:03 PDT 2001

> contacts!)...so she left things like butter and hard-boiled eggs sitting in
> the sun and heat all day long.  Phillip and I couldn't bring ourselves to
> eat what she served for fear of being sick so ate with friends the whole
> time!

In general, you never want to leave anything in the sun-- ew! However,
butter  if left in Pennsic conditions tends to evaporate! I've eaten
butter left on a counter for days in the summer with no ill effects, but
that was  indoors. (In fact, my grandmother used a butter dish that stayed
on the counter 24x7x365.) However, I wouldn't feed that to OTHER people,
and it's certainly not FDA approved!

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa