[Sca-cooks] Regretable foods.... OOP

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 15:57:06 PDT 2001

Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  > Not like Moose Nose is readily available;  this is CAid not CAnada.
>  >
>  > Selene, Caid
>
>  What, you think that food is that much different around here? That because
>  we're a couple of hundred miles north of you we can find moose jaws or noses
>  in the grocery stores??

You may well be over a thousand miles north. Caid is Southern
California, and IIRC, Selene is in the Los Angeles area. I'm already
more than 400 miles/8 hours drive north of Selene (no, i don't do 90
MPH on Highway 5) and i'm still in California. I live in the SF Bay
area, and i'm still about a 24 hour drive from the Canadian border.

No mooses, except in zooses in SoCal, so hunters are not going to
find any (heck, no mooses here in NoCal, either). Whereas there
actually are wild mooses living in parts of Canada...

I slept for part of a winter in Berkeley CA (that's California :-)
under a moose pelt. It was so heavy i didn't move while i slept which
was uncomfortable - you need to move when you sleep, so finally i
gave it back to its owner. The sheep skins were much more comfortable.

Anahita