[Sca-cooks] Yuan Chinese Cookery class at Pennsic

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Sep 26 15:30:11 PDT 2001

""The books that you need to look for are
""
""A Soup for the Qan - Buel and Anderson
Got it.

""Food in Chinese Culture - K. C. Chang
Nope.

""and Anderson's book, which is off in a box at the moment, and
""I can't recall the title at the moment.

Food in China...Got it.  No recipes through.

""The earliest extant Chinese Medical Manual was actually written
""in Japan. It is called the Ishinpo. Unfortunately, only about
""five volumes of it have been translated into English. All thirty
""some odd values are available in translation into modern Japanese.
""There are quite a few interesting sections relating to food in
""the Ishinpo. As I recall, there is a section on pasturization of
""various liquids including water and milk.
""

Thanks for that Solveig.  Looks like a trip to the Australian National
Library this weekend...

Drakey.